At Rise Park Primary and Nursery School, we take supporting our children with transition to Secondary school very importantly. Mr Husbands is our lead with this and has produced this list to show what we do. We have also jointly produced this video with our local group of schools (Robin Hood, Westglade, Southglade, Henry Whipple, Glade Hill, Park Vale Academy and Oak Wood Academy) as part of our working partnership (Aspire Learning Partnership).
- Transition film has been created with schools in the local area as part of the Aspire group. (See above).
- Discussion with class 6H and 6A to discuss what they were looking forward to and what their major concerns are.
- Park Vale Dance Academy has a primary wing which promotes links between primary children and Park Vale Academy.
- All children take part in Common Transfer Day as a minimum entitlement. Extra days are planned with Park Vale Academy and Oakwood Academy.
- Rise Park Primary and Nursery School will be using the common transfer form created and agreed by Nottingham City LA.
- Parents/Carers and pupils attend a Parent's evening and a Disco at Park Vale Academy.
- Students from Park Vale Academy have supported our Hispanic Breakfast for Parents/Carers and our Sports Day events.